Adding new plugins to a WordPress website is a straightforward process. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard: You can do this by adding “/wp-admin” at the end of your website’s URL (e.g. www.yoursite.com/wp-admin).
- Navigate to the “Plugins” page: Once you are logged in to your WordPress dashboard, you will see a sidebar on the left side of the screen. Click on the “Plugins” option to be taken to the Plugins page.
- Click on “Add New”: On the Plugins page, you will see a button labeled “Add New”. Click on it to access the WordPress Plugin Directory.
- Browse or search for a plugin: You can either browse the available plugins or use the search bar to find a specific plugin. Once you have found a plugin you want to install, click on the “Install Now” button.
- Activate the plugin: After the plugin has been installed, you will see a button labeled “Activate”. Click on it to activate the plugin.
- Configure the plugin: Some plugins require configuration settings to be entered before they can be used. Check the plugin’s documentation or settings page for instructions on how to configure the plugin.
- Update the plugin: It is important to keep your plugins up to date to ensure they are functioning properly and to protect your website from potential security vulnerabilities. You can update plugins by going to the Plugins page, finding the plugin you want to update, and clicking on the “Update Now” button.
That’s it! By following these steps, you can easily add new plugins to your WordPress website to add new functionality or improve your site’s performance. However, it’s important to note that not all plugins are created equal and some can negatively impact your website’s performance or security. Be sure to research plugins before installing them and only install reputable plugins from trusted sources.