What is IOS?
IOS is a mobile operating system for Apple’s devices. iOS is the operating system that powers the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Apple TV.
iOS is best known as the underlying software that allows iPhone users to interact with their phones through gestures like swiping, tapping, and pinching. These finger actions are typically carried out on multi touch capacitive touch screen displays, which respond quickly and accept input from multiple fingers. Although it is not the most popular mobile operating system in the world, iOS dominates the North American market by a wide margin, with a 60 percent market share as of May 2010.
Advantages of IOS
- faster, easier, and less expensive to develop
- Apple users are more likely to buy apps.
- Strict security.
- Apple users are more likely to update their operating systems.
Disadvantages of IOS
- Outside of Western Europe and North America, it is less popular.
- Less customization options.
What is Android
Android is a software package and operating system based on Linux for mobile devices such as tablet computers and smartphones.
It is developed by Google and later the OHA (Open Handset Alliance). Java language is mainly used to write the android code even though other languages can be used.
The goal of the Android project is to create a successful real-world product that improves end users’ mobile experiences.
Advantages of android
- Market leader on a global scale.
- More app customization options.
- Numerous phone options.
Disadvantages of Android
- It takes more time to develop.
- Users are more reluctant to adopt new operating systems.
- Users are less likely to buy apps.
Difference between IOS and Android: